Our all course combo training includes Adult, Child and Infant CPR, First Aid and Bloodborne Pathogens certification. Our Healthcare Provider courses cater to all healthcare professionals. The CPR/AED and First Aid certification is valid for 2 years and the Bloodborne Pathogens certificiation is valid for 1 year, per OSHA guidelines. The all course combo includes a free mailed in wallet card.
If an adult or child is choking, they may use the universal choking sign. This is when one holds the neck with one or both hands
1. If a person is choking, ask “Are you choking?” If the person nods or is unable to breathe or respond, tell the person that you are trained in CPR and that you are going to help.
2. Stand or kneel behind the person.
3. Make a fist with one hand and place it on the person’s abdomen just above the belly button.
4. Grab your fist with the other hand and give quick, upward abdominal thrusts.
5. Continue abdominal thrusts until the object is dislodged and the person can breathe or cough forcefully, OR person becomes unconscious.
6. For pregnant women or someone too large for you, give chest thrusts instead of abdominal thrusts.
7. If an adult or child becomes unconscious, follow the steps to perform adult / child CPR.
American CPR Care Association is rated 4.7 out of 5 based on 48,237 ratings.
All content Copyright 2022 © – American CPR Care Association. All rights reserved.