Our all course combo training includes Adult, Child and Infant CPR, First Aid and Bloodborne Pathogens certification. The CPR/AED and First Aid certification is valid for 2 years and the Bloodborne Pathogens certificiation is valid for 1 year, per OSHA guidelines. The all course combo includes a free mailed in wallet card.
An Automated External Defibrillator (AED) machine shocks the heart and enables it to restart with a normal rhythm. The AED device will instruct you step-by-step, and will tell you to push a button if it determines that a shock is required.
A diagram will show you where to place the pads and when to restart compressions. If a second rescuer is present, he / she can help to attach AED pads while the first rescuer continues to perform CPR.
1. Turn the AED “on” and follow the instructions given through voice commands. They should be self-explanatory.
2. An AED device should only be used on adults and children who are 8-years and older.
3. The survival rate for a cardiac emergency patient increases to almost 30-70 percent if an AED is used in a timely manner.
4. Do not touch the person while the AED is analyzing. When the device is defibrillating you could be shocked, so be careful.
5. Do not use an AED on a person who is in contact with water. Be sure to move him or her away from the puddle of water, swimming pool or rain before defibrillating.
6. An AED can be used on patients with an implant-device.
7. Before defibrillating, take off visible medication patches from the person using disposable gloves.
8. Shock pads should be used on clear skin (shave those parts if necessary. Ensure that the chest is not wet.)
9. Never turn the AED off or remove the pads. The machine will instruct you to begin CPR after shock is delivered.
10. Child AED Usage: AED will instruct you to use child pads or a child key / switch.
*Remember if an AED is not present, start CPR immediately!
American CPR Care Association is rated 4.7 out of 5 based on 48,237 ratings.
All content Copyright 2022 © – American CPR Care Association. All rights reserved.